Once again, it’s time for my annual holiday quiz, a sure-fire way to make any gathering more enjoyable and to test the knowledge of even the most ardent fan of the holiday season. As always, answers can be found below (no peeking!). Enjoy the quiz.
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the original eight reindeer?
2. How many points does a typical snowflake have?
3. What was the first state to recognize Christmas as an official holiday?
a. New York
4. In what song do you hear the line “Snowing and Blowing up bushels of fun”?
a. Jingle Bell Rock
b. Jingle Bells
c. Holly Jolly Christmas
d. Sleigh Ride
5. In what year was “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens published?
6. What color was Elvis Presley’s Christmas?
7. In what country is the drink Eggnog said to have originated?
8. If you’re born on Christmas Day, what astrological sign are you?
9. In the song “The 12 Days of Christmas,” how many pipers piping are given as a gift?
10. What was the first year the Rockefeller Center officially had its Christmas Tree?
Answers: 1 (b); 2 (c); 3 (b); 4 (a); 5 (d); 6 (c); 7 (b); 8 (c); 9 (d); 10 (a).
There you are. Enjoy your holiday and have a wonderful 2019. Thank you again for being a faithful reader of my columns!