SANFORD ó† The historic Edmund E. Goodwin House at 503 Main St. in Springvale will be open to the public the first four Saturdays in December from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Christmas tree is up in the parlor surrounded by toys for the little ones. Christmas decorations fill the mantelpiece, cover the dining room table and ornament the furnishings throughout the house. The sleigh in the stable is filled with packages ready for Santa to deliver them. This historic house, now on the National Register of Historic Places, has been restored to its 1890s appearance and is a delight to visit. While donations are welcome, there is no charge for admission.
On the evening of Thursday, Dec. 13, the Sanford-Springvale Historical Society will host its annual Christmas party. The Sanford High School Chorus under the direction of Jane Kirton will bring Christmas magic to the occasion. The Chorus will be accompanied by Dr. Morton Gold on the museumís 1886 Bechstein grand piano. Tables will be loaded with goodies to munch on and best of all there is no charge to attend. Everyone is welcome. The event is from 5 to 7 p.m. Come early as the High School Chorus will commence its program at 5:30 p.m.
The Historical Museum is located at 505 Main St. in Springvale. There is a handicapped entrance on the side of the building. The Edmund E. Goodwin House is just next door at 503 Main St. There is parking behind the museum, on Main Street and in the parking lot of the former Hamlin School. Signs point the way to the old Hamlin School.